- Vineyard Area: 15 ha
- Soil Type: Weathered slate
- Varieties Cultivated: Riesling, Weißburgunderr (Pinot Blanc), Sauvignon Blanc, Spätburgunder
- Annual Production: 80,000 bottles
- Country: Germany
- Winemaker: Bernhard Kirsten
- Topography: Steep slopes along the Mosel River
Mosel native Bernhard Kirsten returned home to his family estate of 6 hectares in Klüsserath with his wife Inge von Geldern in 1992, following experience in Napa Valley at Domaine Napa, Pine Ridge and Robert Mondavi. Today, the estate is comprised of 15 organically farmed hectares on steep slopes in the Klüsserather Bruderschaft, Köwericher Laurentiuslay, Pölicher Held, Longuicher Maximiner Herrenberg, where they farm a pre-phyloxerra vineyard site that dates back to 1904.
Through massale selection, organic cultivation, yield reduction, long natural fermentations and selective barrel treatment, Bernhard’s Riesling expressions are complex and multi-layered while immensely enjoyable in their purity. Nearly a third of their production is estate grown, estate vinified, and estate bottled sekt.