- Product: Sauvignon
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: Brda/Collio
- Country: Slovenia
- Raw materials: sauvignon blanc
- SoilType: Collio Flysch soil with marn and sand layers
- Exposition: South West
- Harvest Date: mid September
- Average Yield: 39 hectoliters
- Region: Brda
- Vineyard Site: 1.5 hectares, 7000 plants per hectare
- Average Of Vineyards: 29 years
- Elevation: 280 meters
- Fermentation Method: in vats
- Duration And Aging Method: 2 years in french barrique. Fining: 4 months in bottle.
- Alcohol Content: 12.50%
- Acidity: 4.4
- Residual Sugar: 5500 bottl
- Production: 1,980
- PRICE via SevenFifty
Sauvignon produced in Slovene winegrowing regions develops a strong bouquet with distinct notes of bell peppers, hay and elderflower. Plant selection and differences in the mineral content of soils have developed two distinct types of this wine. Oenologists cannot agree whether this is merely a result of different environments or a true variation.
Our Sauvignon shows medium deep golden colour. Nose is rather discrete for Sauvignon Blanc, but beautifully floral complex and mature. This one is more of a cool guy that takes it easy, waits a bit not showing everything in first go. Dry, with touch of sweetness, with ripe and vibrant acidities and oily texture. The character on the palate is persistent, diverse, offering honey, gentle oak and floral notes. Certainly not a mainstream Sauvignon Blanc, but one that is opening new horizons for this much bellowed variety. Ready to enjoy today, but will give lots of pleasure for another decade.
Sauvignon is served chilled at 10-12 degrees Celsius . It pairs well with seafood – shellfish, lobster, crab, shrimp – particularly in aromatic tomato sauces. This wine generally goes well with all tomato dishes as well as stewed veal.